Carouscroll is a web component designed to enhance horizontal scrollable containers by adding next/previous buttons. This component facilitates interactive scrolling and touch-based navigation while maintaining a smooth user experience. Key features include compatibility with scroll or touch interactions, loop functionality for seamless navigation, and the option to place next/previous buttons anywhere in the document.
- Carouscroll supports both scroll and touch interactions, providing users with flexibility in navigating horizontally scrollable content.
No Layout Shift:
- The component ensures that there is no layout shift, contributing to a stable and consistent user interface.
Smooth Scrolling (Optional):
- Users have the option to enable smooth scrolling by incorporating the
Loop Functionality (Optional):
- Carouscroll offers a
loopattribute, allowing users to enable looping around from the start to the end of the scrollable container.
Customizable Button Placement (Optional):
- Next/Previous buttons can be placed anywhere in the document, providing flexibility in the layout and design.
Accessible Slide Number (Optional):
- The component supports an optional
<output>element that can announce the current slide number out of the total number of slides, contributing to accessibility.
- Users are encouraged to include the provided CSS snippet to ensure optimal performance and prevent layout shifts.
- Carouscroll innovatively addresses the need for a web component that enhances horizontal scrolling experiences by incorporating next/previous buttons. Its flexibility in interaction, loop functionality, and customizable button placement contribute to a user-friendly and engaging design.
- The development of Carouscroll showcases innovation in web components, demonstrating how a simple yet effective addition can significantly improve the user experience in horizontal scrollable containers. The component's features cater to a variety of use cases, offering both accessibility and customization options.